5 Unique Bathroom Remodeling Ideas
If you’re considering a bathroom remodel, there are a variety of factors that go into a new design. Below are 5 unique features and ideas to incorporate into your renovation to turn a simple room into a relaxing oasis.
1. Audio – Video. The master bath has become more of an escape than just an area to conduct business before rushing off to work each morning or slipping into bed each night. Many homeowners are adding television and sound systems to the master bath so that they never miss the news or weather or the big game, and enjoy “piped in” High-Definition music while relaxing in a tub of bubbles.
2. Zen/Feng Shui (see example above): Incorporating windows and sky lights to let in natural light will open up your bathroom and make it feel more spacious. The use of mirrors in strategic locations will reflect light as well. Also use earth tones and elements such as dark tile or stone floors as well as wood appliances or accessories.
3. Rain Shower. Admit it, you loved playing in a gentle rain when you were a kid. Rain shower heads gently drizzle water all over you, soothing tired achy muscles and relaxing a day’s worth of tension. Shower heads can be installed overhead and in the walls of the shower for an entire full-body wash.
4. Water Saving Fixtures. If you’re more eco-conscious, consider switching your existing fixtures to save on water usage. Many of today’s low-flow toilets are available with two flushing options that will decrease the amount of water used with every flush, depending on whether the waste is liquid or solid. Hands-free faucets are now available for residential use after being available for commercial construction a number of years. Water-smart shower heads break up water into a fine spray that gets you wetter faster and rinsed more quickly, resulting in the use of less than 2 gallons of water per minute.
5. Limited Mobility. If you’ve ever been limited physically in the past or know that your mobility will be limited in the future, consider remodeling your bath for that use. Walk-in tubs are just the thing when you can’t stand up for long periods of time. These allow you to be seated for the duration of your bath. Some models offer jets that can turn your bath into a soothing whirlpool and top-of-the-line models will provide jets plus a hand-held shower.
For more ideas and trends in bathroom remodeling, or if you’re looking for an in-home estimate for your bath remodel project, contact us today.
Request A FREE In-Home Estimate
Please use the form below to request a FREE, no-obligation, in-home estimate. Or pick up the phone and give us a call today at: 336-698-9888 to request your FREE in-home estimate.